India is a land where taste and hospitality come hand in hand with each other. When the country cherishes each and every cultural and religious background equally, then one can certainly expect that the hotels and restaurants in this country will be like the second home to everyone. However, this home does not work on its own. There are skilled people who strive to establish a proper connection between the customers and the interior managing department of the hotel. These individuals are experienced in their fields because India is the home to many popular hotel management institutes.
Jump To Section
What is hotel management?
Hotel management is the study of different managing aspects within a hotel. Establishing an ambiance of proper and esteemed functionality is not an easy job to do and that is where a hotel manager comes in the play. He is trained to handle paltry to difficult issues related to every department. His job is not confined only to fix the finances, look after each department, make sure that the work is being conducted in a proper manner, and other such fields. Instead, a hotel management requires skills that can control every nook of the functioning of the hotel, be it menu deciding, leading the team, in any event, being organized in the hotel or hiring new workers to the hotel.
Why hotel management is a good career option after you pass your 10+2 examination?
Once you pass your 12th examination, taking up hotel management as your future career is not a wrong choice. Statistics have revealed that almost 95% of the students who have decided to set their future life in this industry has been placed in top, successful hotels on both national and international level. This is one of the main reason why India is a hub of opportunities when it comes down to the question of deciding whether you can take up hotel management as your next step or not.
Being a hotel manager, you can have the following advantage:
- The pay-scale of a hotel manager is quite high, not something you have expected while pondering over the fact that hotel management is not a secured field.
- As there are more hotels all over the world than the number of top MNCs or any other institution, you can expect that your world is not getting stuck in a mayhem.
- With new hotels being opened every day in one or more places, there is a huge opportunity for the freshers. After all, it is believed that you can grow from a single scratch, provided you have the skills to outsmart others in the race.
- The standard of the lifestyle that a hotel manager is subjected to is not something which can be considered as boring and monotonous. Rather the life of a hotel manager is quite interesting and full of surprises. Its like ‘expect the unexpected’ for a hotel manager.
- Where can you free traveling opportunities and that also very often? Yes, it is in this field that you will have an ample number of chances where you can visit different places in the world and discover their culture, their delicacies and also to have a taste of their exquisite foods.
Hotel management opportunities in India
India provides a plethora of chances for the freshers who want to continue in this field of hotels. There are many places where you can get a perfect fit depending on your degree, your professional skills and obviously your enthusiasm to create something new.
- Accommodation manager
- Catering manager
- Hotel manager
- Public house manager
These are some of the fields, which welcome the freshers with open hands and give chance to them to show their proficiency.
These are the Top 10 Best hotel management colleges in India
Following are some of the best colleges in India that train the students to become skilled persons in this industry and adapt themselves to the challenging world.
1. Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai
Being located in the land of opportunities, IHM Mumbai is popular for their trained faculties, laboratories, the tie-ups with foreign institutions, collaboration programs and also the extracurricular programs organized by the institute.
Address: Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, and Applied Nutrition Veer Savarkar Marg, Dadar (W), Mumbai 400 028.
Email ID: email@example.com
Contact number: (022) 2445 7241/42, 2445 9154
Fees for the second semester: 31750
Fees for 2nd year: 77500
Fess for 3rd year: 78800
- Top 20 Courses After 12th Commerce
- Top 15 Courses After 12th Science
- Top 15 courses after 12th Humanities
Institute of Hotel Management, Delhi
Set up second in line after IHM, Mumbai, this institute offers the following career programs:
- Msc in hospitality administration: 1.99 lakh INR in total
- M.sc in dietetics and food service management: 53,400 INR in total
- Post graduation diploma in accommodation operation and management: 36,200 INR in total
- B.Sc in hospitality and hotel administration: 3.02 lakh INR in total
- Diploma in food and beverage services: 38,000 INR in total
- Diploma in bakery and confectionary: 42,000 INR in total
- Craftsmanship in food production and patisserie: 40,000 INR in total
- Craftsmanship in beverage and food service: 22,950 INR in total
Address: Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi, Delhi 110012
Contact number: 011 2584 1411
Also Read:- Top 15 Courses After 12th Science
Welcome group graduate school of hotel administration
Having recognition from International Hotel Association in Paris, this institute is one of the best in Manipal. The college has tie-ups with seven international hotel management universities, giving the students a wide range of opportunities in the international realm.
Address: Valley View International Campus, Opp. Manipal Institute Of Technology, Manipal, Karnataka 576104
Contact number: 0820 257 1978
Fee structure and programs offered:
- Bachelor of hotel management: 11.50 lakh INR in total
- B.A. in culinary arts: 7.60 lakh INR in total
- M.Sc in hospitality and tourism management: 2.30 lakh INR in total
- M.Sc in dietetics and applied nutrition: 1.84 lakh INR in total
- Bachelor of hotel management (lateral entry): 8.65 lakh INR in total
- Post graduation diploma in culinary arts: 1.54 lakh INR in total
Read Also:- LLB Course Detail- The Complete Guide
Institute of hotel management, catering technology and applied nutrition, Hyderabad
IHM in Hyderabad is a good place to continue with the hotel management career after you pass your 12th. Affiliated to the Indira Gandhi National Open University, this institute is third in the ranking of all the IHMs in India.
Address: 5th F-Row, D.D.Colony, Vidya Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Contact number: 040 2742 7569
Fee structure and programs offered:
- Post graduation diploma in accommodation operations and management: 30,400 INR in total
- B.Sc in hospitality and hotel administration: 2.64 lakh INR in total
- Craftsmanship in food and beverage services: 14,000 INR in total
- Craftsmanship course in food production in patisserie: 41,400 INR in total
Related Also:- Top 10 Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai
Department of hotel management, Christ University
With 11 full-time faculty and diploma courses being incorporated in the program structure, this Bengaluru based institute offers a good opportunity for the students to get an international recognition.
Address: Hosur Road, Bengaluru-560029, Karnataka, India
Contact number: 91 804012 9100/9600
Total of 4 lakh INR for the bachelor degree in hotel management.
- Army Institute of hotel management and catering technology, Bengaluru
Affiliated to the Bangalore University, this institute offers golden chances to the students to start their career in the seamless world of hotels and restaurants. The faculties and the staff committee are known for their disciple rules which reflect the army rules of India.
Address: Survey No. 13, Hennur Main Road, Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560077
Contact number: 080 6576 5777
The university offers the bachelor degree in hotel management. The total fee for four years is 7.27 lakhs.
1st-year fee structure: 1.79 lakh
2nd-year fee structure: 1.63 lakh
3rd-year fee structure: 1.82 lakh
4th-year fee structure: 2.03 lakh
Read Also:- Top 30 Best Books To Learn English Grammar
Institute of Hotel Management, Gwalior
IHM Gwalior is an autonomous institution, which offers hotel management courses to the students. The institute organizes many side events for testing the ability and skills of the students. Their tie-ups with the nearby hotels and restaurants help the students to train themselves in reality.
Address: Bhind Road & Airport Road, Shubhanjalipuram, Maharajpura, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh 474020
Contact number: 0751 247 1477
Fee structure and programs offered:
- B.Sc in hospitality and hotel administration: 2.65 lakh INR in total
- Diploma in food production: 66,585 INR in total
- Craftsmanship in food and beverage services: 18,000 INR in total
- Craftsmanship course in food production: 38,500 INR in total
Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Affiliated to: Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University
The university has well-equipped laboratories and kitchens for the academic subjects. Apart from these, the faculty board of the institute is trained enough in their own departments.
Address: Chandiwala Estate, Maa Anandmai Marg, Near Govinpuri Metro Station, Kalkaji, New Delhi, Delhi 110019
Contact number: 011 4902 0301
The university offers the bachelor degree in hotel management. The total fee for four years is 4.48 lakhs.
1st-year fee structure: 1.12 lakh
2nd-year fee structure: 1.12 lakh
3rd-year fee structure: 1.12 lakh
4th-year fee structure: 1.12 lakh
NSHM school of hotel management, Durgapur
Situated in West Bengal, it is considered to be one of the best universities in the state as well as the country owing to the expertise faculties, fully-equipped laboratories, and other factors.
Address: Via Muchipara NH2, Arrah Shibtala, Durgapur, West Bengal 713212
Contact number: 099330 49448
Fee structure depends upon the course selected and is yet to be announced.
Apeejay college of hospitality
Offering courses solely focused on management department, this college of hotel management is a good place where one can learn the different aspects of hotel management.
Address: No.1, Sector-10, C.B.D. Belapur Navi Mumbai – 400 614, India
Contact number: 022 6758 9050 / 27589050
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees of the 1st year: 75,000
Fees for 2nd year: 75000
We are a Team of Expert Guy Having Excellent Educational Background. We Cover Various Indian Education Branches With Passion.