Veer Narmad South Gujarat UniversityContact Us
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University is an institution of excellence in higher education that aims to meet the regional needs of the seven districts and two Union Territories in the area. The university is located in Surat city and has a campus spread over 210 acres.
It was established under the South Gujarat University Act, 1965 and became functional from the academic year of 1966. The university was recognized by the University Grants Commission in 1968 and was renamed as Veer Narmad South Gujarat University in 2004 after the great Gujarati poet Narmad, Narmadshankar Lalshankar Dave.
The university has received an ‘A’ grade with 3.02 CGPA in 2017 and was re-accredited ‘B++’ grade with 2.86 CGPA on 4 Points scale by the National Accreditation and Assessment Council in 2022. The university strives to realize the potential of the region in every walk of life ranging from technology, business, industry, and commerce to language, culture, and fine arts.
The basic objectives of the university, as envisioned by the University Act, are to provide higher education and to promote research and dissemination of knowledge.
- The University Central Library has over 2 lakh books, 779 journals, 1600+ e-books, 5500+ e-journals, 1 Online Database, 803+ Periodicals, 2610 Thesis, 11,340 Dissertations, and 17,305 Bound Volumes.
- There are also Acharya Mahapragya Corner, Pujya Mota Sahitya Corner & Geeta Press Gorakhpur Corner located in the Central Library, which have a good collection of volumes on non-violence and spiritual values.
- The university has journals in the areas of Management & Administration, Humanities & Social Sciences, Science & Technology, and Law.
- It also has a Research Repository Centre, Shri B. V. Botanical Research Centre, University Scientific Instrumentation Centre (USIC), Sophisticated Science Instrument Centre (SSIC), Women's Study Center, IBM Excellence Center, and departments with SAP-UGC.
- There are also various Kendras, Centers, and Cells to cater to the needs of students, including the Smt. Kashiben Ramkishan Mundra Sanskar Kendra, Lala Lajpat Rai Chintan Kendra, and Women Development Cell.
- The campus also has various facilities, such as Boys and Girls Hostels, Guest Houses, Convention Hall, Dining Hall, Amphitheatres, Seminar Halls, Information Centre & Help Desk, Placement Cells, Grievance Redressal Cell, Anti Ragging Cell, Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Career Counseling Cell, Psychological Guidance Cell, Staff Quarters, Day Care Centre, Bank with ATMs, Post Office, Employment Bureau, Canteen, Suvidha Kendra, Cricket Stadium, Indoor Stadium, Gymnasium, Track & Field, and Basketball Court.
- The campus is connected with an Optical Fiber Network and Wi-Fi Zones. It also has an informative website and VNSGU Android App.
- The campus has state-of-the-art computing facilities, e-resources, Nakshatra Van, gardens, ponds, and bus transportation.
Is Veer Narmad South Gujarat University your College Listing?
Do you own or manage Veer Narmad South Gujarat University ? Claim your listing to update your details, advertise your upcoming batches, offer discounts and much more.