Table Of Contents
- 1 Best IBPS books for English subject
- 2 Best IBPS books for General awareness
- 3 Best IBPS books for Reasoning and computer aptitude
- 4 Best IBPS books for Data interpretation and analysis
- 5 Final thoughts
There’s no denying that the IBPS PO exam is one of the most competitive exams that is held in India on a per-year basis. The exam is currently carried out by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or otherwise known as IBPS.
Through this exam, all the future probationary officers in various public sector banks in India are selected. The total number of public sector banks that are mutually included together in this selection process is more than ten. Therefore, before any student starts studying on the course, he or she must learn about the books that are required to pass the exam with flying colors.
Knowing the best study materials can be challenging for most students out there, which is why we are listing out some of the most fantastic books that students could lay their hands upon. So, without further ado, let’s get down to the comprehensive list of IBPS PO exam preparation books.
Best IBPS books for English subject
If students are looking for comprehensive study material for the IBPS English subject, then this book should be at the top of their preferences. It should be realized that each section of the book has been carefully explained and all the important concepts have been compiled together.
The book contains more than 3,000 objective-type questions which are made according to the latest syllabus, pattern, format, and changing exam modes. The book also comes with multiple examples to help the student learn about different topics easily. Short-cut tricks are also shown to solve questions quickly.
- The book is based on the latest syllabus.
- Previous ten-year questions have also been included.
- More than 3000 objective-based questions are provided.
- Each chapter comes with a detailed synopsis.
- Exam trends, exercises, and sufficient examples are provided.
When students appear for the IBPS exams, they must study the previous year exam papers as well – which will help them in knowing the difficulty of questions that they will face. Moreover, it will also help them in time management during exams.
The book comes with questions that are segregated topic-wise, and they come with their relevant solutions as well. There are a total of 58 papers provided inside the book across ten different topics – which brings the total number of questions to more than 2500.
Using this book, students can prepare both for the prelims as well as the mains examinations, without any problems.
- Contains more than 2500 questions.
- Comes with 58 different exam papers spanning across ten topics.
- Ideal for IBPS prelims and mains exam preparations.
- Questions, as well as their relevant solutions, are offered.
Regarded as one of the bestseller books when it comes to preparation of the English subject in various competitive exams, this book can cater to every student out there including the ones appearing for the IBPS PO exams. This book has been segregated into two different halves – vocabulary & grammar.
There are a total of 24 chapters provided inside the book, where each chapter covers all the techniques, tips & tricks to solve questions related to those chapters. The techniques are highly student-friendly yet are very scientific in their approach. Therefore, students can easily use this book as the main reference as well as preparation study materials for all types of competitive exams out there.
- Ideal for all types of competitive exams out there.
- A total of 24 chapters offered in the book with segregation made for grammar & vocabulary segments.
- Easy to learn highly student-friendly methods.
- Great when used as a reference book.
Best IBPS books for General awareness
Just like the English subject, General Awareness also forms an important part of the IBPS PO syllabus, which is why students need to study very diligently for the same using these topic-wise solved papers. There are about 51 papers provided across nine different topics.
The total number of questions provided is more than 1700, and there are also five separate practice sets. Each question comes with its relevant solution so that students can refer to it whenever they want. Perfect for both preliminary as well as main IBPS PO exams.
- A total of 51 papers have been provided in the book.
- More than 1700 questions are offered.
- Additional five different practice sets.
- Questions come with authentic solutions.
In case students require a highly comprehensive book on banking awareness that will also be suited for the IBPS PO exams, then this should be the ideal book to choose. There are 16 different chapters provided along with more than 1500 MCQs for practicing.
The MCQ questions are divided into practice exercises as well as past questions so that students will have no problems focusing on either of them. There’s also an additional chapter provided on the topic of International Financial Organisations. Using this study resource, students can be able to learn about current trends in banking.
- More than 1500 MCQs are provided inside the book.
- Past year exam questions are offered along with multiple exercises for practicing.
- Covers all the latest trends in the banking industry.
- Book has been segregated into 16 different chapters for a better learning experience.
Published by a very popular book organization known as Adda247, this book aims to provide a complete guide on general awareness and banking. Such a guide is indeed useful, especially when a student is preparing to appear for the IBPS PO exams. Moreover, the book also covers topics such as digital banking and general knowledge.
The book has been segregated into three different sections, each with its own set of chapters. The sections are known as – Static Awareness, Banking Awareness, and General Awareness. Students should have no problems navigating through the book because every chapter has been marked carefully with related concepts, questions & solutions. There’s also an optional Hindi version of this book available in the markets.
- Chapters are segregated in a meaningful manner.
- All the essential topics have been covered.
- Topics are explained thoroughly with added questions & solutions.
Best IBPS books for Reasoning and computer aptitude
Solving past year questions is a must for any student who wants to appear for the IBPS PO exams, and that’s why this book is a must-purchase. The book comes with 57 papers to solve across 23 different topics – amounting to a total of more than 3000 questions.
The questions also come with solutions, which means that students can save their time looking out for relevant answers. The exam papers have been covered from the year 2010 till the year 2019.
- A total of 57 papers have been provided for practice purposes.
- Spans across 23 topics.
- More than 3000 questions were provided along with relevant solutions.
The reasoning is a type of subject that students need to be very quick in making decisions because, during the examinations, not much will be provided. That’s why knowing the important shortcuts is indeed vital because it can save time and thereby, students will be able to attempt all the questions within the stipulated time.
And that’s what this book plans to solve. The book mainly stresses the various shortcut methods, enhancing the student’s exam efficiency. Moreover, there are more than 300 MCQs that are divided into 30 chapters covering all the major types – analytical, verbal, critical, and non-verbal. This book is comprehensive for those who want to learn the reasoning subject precisely – suitable for all competitive exams.
- More than 300 MCQs are provided.
- Shortcuts are offered for each topic.
- A total of 30 chapters are covered across multiple reasoning types.
- Enhances the efficiency of the student.
If any student wants to master the reasoning subject in the smartest way possible, then this book is the only one that he or she should be choosing. The book has been segregated into three different sections – analytical, verbal, and non-verbal.
There are also two-leveled exercise portions for students to try out. Furthermore, previous year’s questions are also included along with exam papers from MBA and MAT entrances.
Lastly, detailed solutions are provided for each question. Every topic has been explained in a meaningful way so that students face no problems while understanding them.
- Helps to learn all the relevant tips & tricks before the exams.
- Previous year questions, as well as exam papers, are also offered for student’s benefit.
- Detailed solutions are provided to save time.
Best IBPS books for Data interpretation and analysis
Data Interpretation & Analysis is a challenging subject for most students out there who are appearing for the IBPS PO exams. This is why regular practice is very much necessary because that helps in ironing out any fear regarding the subject.
This book offers more than 2000 questions for students to solve and practice, including direct exam questions from previous years. Moreover, all the relevant topics have been covered in a meaningful manner, so that students can traverse through the book without any issues.
- More than 2000 questions are provided.
- Questions are segregated topic-wise.
- Ideal for both prelims and mains exams of IBPS PO and other banking exams.
In case students are looking for a dedicated book that covers all the past year exam papers, then this should be the answer. The book covers exam papers from the year 2010 to 2019, with almost 57 exam papers from different banking exams.
The exam papers are then segregated into 15 different topics, ultimately amounting to more than 2600 questions. Furthermore, all the questions come with relevant solutions for students to learn & understand better.
- A set of 57 exam papers across 15 topics.
- More than 2600 questions, along with solutions.
- Ideal for all types of banking exams.
This revised second edition book from Disha Experts covers the changing pattern of the banking exams, which helps the students to not only interpret data but also provide the ability to solve real-life issues.
The book also comes with a sufficient number of questions so that students can practice them and thereby develop the ideal strategies for solving them. However, solutions are provided to help students save time and learn better. Past year exam questions are also offered.
- Helps students to interpret data as well as solve real-life problems.
- Offers a multitude of questions to practice, including past year exam questions.
- Solutions are provided.
Since IBPS PO is one of the most sought-after exams in India, students are likely to face competitions from every region of the entire country. Thus, having an excellent exam preparation is always beneficial for the concerned student.
The books that have been suggested above are enough to crack the IBPS PO exam. But, students must realize that buying the right book is not the end of the task because they also need to solve and practice questions regularly.
Learning the basic concepts should be the first criteria for any student out there, and then only he or she should move towards attempting practice questions & exam papers. Moreover, revision is a must because, without revision, there’s a bigger chance of forgetting the things that were learned earlier.